Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 24th March, 2018.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Video Exclusive 🙂
This Week's Talking Points
1) Phase 6 was published on 23rd April – it's also the first time I've published a paperback through the KDP Select dashboard – it's good!
2) What I've concluded so far by reading other best-selling thrillers:
- 20 word elevator pitch … if it can’t be summarised in a compelling way prior to writing, don’t start
- Keep it simple – it doesn’t have to be complicted
- Add more description – but don’t write literary fiction
- Create great characters
- Base around a compelling event or theme – cabin oin a boat, kidnapped baby
- No explicit sex scenes
3) Some photos of mt Scottish trip on which I recorded videos of locations used in my thriller Burden of Guilt:
4) From Twitter …
— Tim Lewis @ Stoneham Press (@StonehamPress) March 17, 2018
Another @PaulTeagueUK’s podcast diary, another weekend working on my wedding dress! From mock-up to final weekend, thanks for keeping me company on this project, Paul! 😄 Afraid I won’t be listening this time next week, as I’ll be busy wearing this! pic.twitter.com/5vejWw0Qlh
— Clare Sager (@ClareSAuthor) March 17, 2018
This Week’s Self-Publishing News