Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 13th May, 2017.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
Note: This episode contains some pretty mild cussing, but if you're very sensitive or have kids around, you may like to listen with caution.
This Week's Talking Points
1) This week's writing progress:
2) Over 14000 unique clicks were generated in my Crime/Thriller Giveaway at https://freebie-books.com/crime-thrillers-may2017/
Ian Sutherland was the top promoter, sending 3500+ unique clicks, many of those directly via his Twitter accounts.
Check out Ian's Author Platform Sidekick service: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/APS [Affiliate link]
3) My Dead of Night proof copy arrived – I have 10 x fiction paperback books now:
4) I've now put Self-Publishing Journeys on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SelfPublishingJourneys/
5) Avril McDonald's new book:
[amazon_link asins='B06XTV7ZJ5′ template='ProductAd' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='fffcc329-373c-11e7-8700-95a48855f596′]
6) Sarah Painter's Worried Writer podcast (highly recommended!) at http://www.worriedwriter.com/ and her first self-published book:
[amazon_link asins='B06Y6GXFY6′ template='ProductAd' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='310ce1bb-373d-11e7-9308-2f2c71aeabd0′]
7) Books2Read service https://www.books2read.com/ (highly recommended!)
8) My crappy Amazon review – note the anonymity of the reviewer who simultaneously gets to screw up my chances of shifting the book and remain hidden in the shadows!
9) Reminder! Amazon Academy event in Edinburgh on 23rd May http://selfpublishingadvice.org/amazon-academy/
10) Reminder! ALLi Indie Author Fringe event on June 3rd http://selfpublishingadvice.org/6-weeks-until-bookexpo-indie-author-fringe-2017-are-you-ready-to-sell-more-books/
This Week’s Self-Publishing News