Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 10th February, 2018.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at [email protected].
This Week's Talking Points
1) Friday's word count, hopefully another 5k to come on Saturday:
2) My 20Books Top 10:
– I found ‘my people’ ie people who are in the same zone as me
– I got great tips on writing & promotion
– I met fab writers and made brilliant connections
– Got pix & guests for podcast
– I felt part of something much bigger than me
– I found out that people listen to – like and value my podcast
– I had a great time
– I realised that these crazy successful authors are just regular people – like me and you – doing the work, day-in, day-out
– Met lots of pals in person … Tim Lewis, Meg Jolly, Alison Ingleby, Adam Nichols, Gurbir Singh, John Hindmarsh, Joanna Penn, Geoff Smith, Clare Sager, Dan Wilcox, Julie Cordiner, Jay Tinsiano, Jon Cronshaw, Clare Lydon, Euan Lawson as well as new pal Sam Livy who’s very involved in supporting 20Books … Mandy Marshall, Barry Hutchison, Debbie Young, Alison Morton (great conversation about swearing in books) Wendy Jones, Felicity Douglas and MANY MORE!
– It made me determined to keep on keeping on
3) Crime and Publishment: http://www.crimeandpublishment.co.uk/
4) Crime Fest: http://www.crimefest.com/
5) Buck Books: http://buckbooks.net/promotions/
Bargain Booksy: https://www.bargainbooksy.com/for-authors/
6) Sarah Hardy's blog: https://bytheletterbookreviews.com/
7) Twitter comments:
— Tim Lewis @ Stoneham Press (@StonehamPress) February 6, 2018
— Author Michael F. Rizzo (@nwbrewtalk) February 7, 2018
This Week’s Self-Publishing News