Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 2nd September, 2017.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at [email protected].
This Week's Talking Points
1) Some good Createspace royalties coming my way, I've been selling decent numbers of paperbacks recently, mainly non-fiction and in particular, my Mailchimp book. I've received net earnings of £380.30 this month, with zero promotion, and although I want it to be much more, this seems to be a reasonable amount:
2) I wanted to get back to exercising over summer and I exceeded my two-times-per-week target and managed three times each week over the 6-week holiday period:
3) I've been linking my paperbacks with my Kindle versions – it's important to do this! Just drop the KDP helpdesk an email:
4) I formatted my first paperback with Vellum and it's fabulous – a big time and cost-saving and it took no time at all:
Non-Mac users check out my How To Use Vellum On A PC: https://paulteague.com/how-to-use-vellum-on-a-pc/
5) Winter is coming with WordPress! This is important and worrying info for WordPress users: https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/08/30/attention-authors-wordpress-5-0-will-change-everything-know-wordpress/amp/
6) Check out the new group giveaways feature on Instafreebie: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/IF [My affiliate link]
7) Society of Authors event (I'm a speaker!) http://www.societyofauthors.org/Events/Events/The-Author-Business
8) Patrick Sherriff got in touch via Twitter – he's based in Abiko, Japan:
— double r double f (@PatrickSherriff) August 26, 2017
This Week’s Self-Publishing News