Episode 81, release date Monday 18th September, 2017
Laura Read has worked in publishing for over seven years, as a designer for a journal and its award-winning website.
She is now an author and freelance designer.
Her poetry has been published in two anthologies.
Her debut novel is called Deadly Sins – an exploration of the sexism that can permeate families and how sin can influence us all.
Laura's follow-up novel – Caught in a Lie – is a tale of sex, politics and betrayal.
Find Out More:
1) Laura's website: http://laurareadauthor.com/
2) Laura's Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laura-Read/e/B06Y193Y6P/
3) Laura on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4756022.Laura_Read
4) Laura on Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurareadauthor
5) Laura's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/laurareadauthor
[amazon_link asins='B0764N12Q2′ template='ProductCarousel' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='5d6d4281-9658-11e8-a265-f1ac7ee14a54′]
Interview Talking Points:
1) Recommended way to build a website with WordPress: https://wordpress.org/
Don't know how to use Worpdress? I've written a book on that: https://www.createspace.com/7131886
2) Divi theme for WordPress: https://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/divi/
4) Wix websites: https://www.wix.com/ [Very simple, but not recommended as a long term solution]
5) MailerLite is what I use for email marketing: https://paulteague.com/ML [My affiliate link]
Mailchimp is another alternative: https://mailchimp.com/
Don't know how to use Mailchimp? I've written a book about that too: https://www.createspace.com/7379643
6) InstaFreebie is great for building a mailing list: https://paulteague.com/IF [My affiliate link]
7) Mark Dawson's Self-Publishing 101 course: https://selfpublishingformula.com/101
8) Laura's book cover design services page: http://laurareadauthor.com/book-cover-design-services/